- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O’Brien potatoes, thawed
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, reserved bacon and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low until eggs are set, 4-5 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove crock insert to a wire rack; let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
1 serving: 306 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.