- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu
- Whisk together first six ingredients. Cut tofu lengthwise into 3/8-in. thick slices; cut each slice in half diagonally to make triangles. Place tofu and marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 3-5 hours, turning occasionally
- Preheat broiler. Reserving marinade, place tofu in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Drizzle remaining marinade over tops. Broil 5-6 in. from heat until lightly browned and heated through, about 10 minutes.
2 slices: 208 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 lean meat.